7 January 2011

First Week Back at SW post Holiday Break

Happy New Year! May 2011 be a year for shrinking!

So my first week back after Christmas, and I had been on plan for 6 of the 7 days, trying to eat in to some of the gain that I had managed to accumulate over Christmas. New Years eve hadn't gone quite to plan, so ended up being a serious flexi-syn day.
Flexi syns, for those that don't know are where you can have an unlimited amount of syns in a 24 hour period, counting everything that you have eaten/drunk, but when it comes to the end of the day calling it quits and drawing a line beneath it and starting afresh the next day. You don't have to cut down on your syn allowance for the rest of the week. It is mainly to do with the psychology of being in control.I was quite dubious after hearing about it, but have tried it and I can confirm that it works.
So my NYE ended up falling around the 100 syn mark (it was 96 to be exact) which is more than you are meant to have in an entire week, yet I still managed to have a 3lb loss this week!
Granted, it only makes a dent in the Christmas gain, but a dent all the same! I was hoping for a 2lb loss, so was chuffed with the 3lb.
Next week I would like to lose 2.5lb, as I don't have a night like New Year's Eve to interfere. I am planning more - and writing everything down. I bought a new filler for my Filofax that is day per page as opposed to a week over two which allows me enough space to record the food for the day! I find that if I know I have to write it down (and I am being completely honest - there really is no point in lying to yourself) I won't go over my syn allowance for the day. I have also started double checking syn values on Slimming World online and I am shocked at some of the things that I had convinced myself were lower! (So that is where the extra 35 syns a week creeped in...)
Also measuring my Healthy Extras - I have been having my porridge made up with water! It's so unusual! I think it makes it much more viscose than normal!
Anyway, that is today's update - I am feeling very positive at the moment, so I hope these vibes stay around. Bring on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment