7 December 2010

Chocolate and Almond Brownies

Well I decided on the brownies to see me through tonight!
Another easy recipe to follow, although as before - I am not very sure about the cooking times! I took these out after 20 minutes and I wouldn't have wanted them in there much longer. Granted, I did it in the wrong sized tin for the recipe (oops) but if I had left them in for another 25 minutes they would have just been cinder! So I recommend that you watch them carefully during the cooking time.

Choc 'n' Almond Brownies
Ingredients (makes 15)

2 large eggs
6 tbspn sweetner
2oz/57g Flora Light
2 tsp vanilla extract
2.5oz/71g plain flour
3 level tbspn cocoa powder
1 tbsp baking powder
A pinch of salt
Fry Light
8 level tspn chopped almonds

How to:

- Preheat your oven to 180ÂșC. Whisk together the eggs and sweetner until the mixture is thick and pale. Beat in the low fat spread and vanilla extract

- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt and fold into the egg mixture. Spray an 8inch/20cm square cake tin with Fry Light and pour* in the brownie mixture. Scatter the chopped almonds on top and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until springy to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes before cutting into 15 squares. Serve warm or allow to cool completely.

Syns per serving: 3½ per square or 52½ for the whole tin

I believe that if you don't decorate them with the almonds then the whole cake will be around 34½ and around 2½ per square.

Once more, thanks to the Slimming World Just Desserts recipe book.
Verdict:

 
 I am very pleased with how these turned out! Although I wouldn't describe them as brownies (they certainly aren't squidgey enough for me to classify them in the brownie category) they have made a lovely light chocolate cake! It may be that I beat the mixture too much when mixing in the dry ingredients - beating in too much air may have caused them to be as light as they are. I am willing to try them again soon though. I think I will be taking them as a taster to weigh in and see what the other Slimmers think!   

 Tomorrow is a night off from the baking as I won't be back in time to do a proper dessert - lets hope I have some of these left!
The Chocolate Log will be next on the list though as I bought the fruit today... Looking forward to it!



*note: this for me was more of a 'smudge the brownie mixture around the tin with as many utensils as possible - it still didn't reach the corners!

No comments:

Post a Comment