6 December 2010

Hot Lemon Soufflé

In my bid to find delicious low syn desserts I have decided I am going to try as many as possible from the cookery books I have. I don't count 'mango crush' or 'jewelled fruit salad' as a pudding by the way. It has to have ingredients other than fruit and yogurt.
After my lovely Banoffee Crêpes of Sunday evening, dessert number two was Hot Lemon Soufflé.

I will hold my hands up and say that I am not a very good chef nor am I confident in my ability to make something as complicated as a soufflé, but I have to say - it was pretty simple.

Recipe as follows:

Hot Lemon Soufflé

Ingredients (to serve 4)
Fry Light
2oz/57g golden caster sugar
4 tbsp artificial sweetner
200g pot fat-free natural fromage frais
3 eggs, separated
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
Icing Sugar to dust

How to:

- Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Spray four ramekins with Fry Light and sprinkle the sides with a little of the sugar. Place the sweetner and fromage frais in a bowl and mix. Beat the egg yolks with the lemon juice and zest and stir into the fromage frais mixture.

- Beat the egg whites until stiff, then whisk in the remaining sugar until thick. Fold the egg white mixture into the fromage frais using a metal spoon. Divide between the ramekins and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until risen and golden.

- Remove from the oven and serve dusted with icing sugar.

Syns per serving: 3 

Again, thanks to the Slimming World Just Desserts book.

Verdict:
 (Again, excuse the phone photos - I will crack out my camera for any more!)



If they had been done in a slightly cooler oven (ours is fan assisted and I think it was too hot at 200ºC) at around 180º and divided between more ramekins I think they would have turned out much better. Overall they came out okay.
I only have two (large) ramekins so did the other in an oversized mug thinking that the recipe for four would be okay.
My boyfriend gave them a 4/10 - and said that they were a nice idea, and the flavour was good but that practice was needed in the cooking department!
 I will give them another go as they were much more simple to make than I expected!

Tomorrow night will be a Sausage, Bean and Potato Bake, and I am in debate over what pudding will be... Raisin and Cinnamon Mini Muffins, Choc 'n' Almond Brownies or Chocolate Chip Cookies?!

No comments:

Post a Comment