5 December 2010

Something Sweet

My weakness is sweet things. When people say they have a sweet tooth I think them pretty lucky - I have a whole mouth full of sweet teeth! A concerted effort has begun to find a low syn recipe for something truly delicious.

Tonight was Banoffee crêpes with chocolate drizzle as found in the Slimming World Just Desserts booklet (I believe it was with one of this year's magazines).
I halved the amount as there were only 2 of us eating, but I can safely say they were gorgeous.

Banoffee Crêpes with Chocolate Drizzle

Ingredients (to serve 4)

2oz/57g plain flour
2 tsp artificial sweetner
1 beaten egg
1/4 pint/142ml skimmed milk, plus 3 tbsp for the sauce
Fry Light
200g pot fat-free natural fromage frais
1 pot of Smooth Toffee MüllerLight yogurt
4 bananas
Juice of one lemon
6 Rolos

How To:
- Sift flour and sweetner into a bowl, add egg and milk and whisk until smooth.

- Spray a small frying pan with Fry Light and pour in quarter of the batter, tilting the pan to spread the mixture. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned. Flip and cook for another minute. Remove from the pan and keep warm whilst cooking the other pancakes.

- Mix together fromage frais and toffee MüllerLight, set to one side. Thickly slice the banana and pour over the lemon juice.

- For the sauce: put the Rolos and 3 tbsp of milk in a bain-marie and stir until melted. Cut each crêpe in half and ripple one half on to a plate. Spoon over the bananas and toffee mixture then ripple over the other half. Drizzle with chocolate sauce and serve immediately.

Syns per serving: 4 1/2

I did it slightly differently in that I didn't put lemon juice on my banana, nor did I mix the MüllerLight with the fromage frais - there would have been far too much yogurt. We had most of a pot of the toffee MüllerLight between us. I also used a large frying pan and made very thin pancakes.

Some pictures (please excuse the quality - they were taken on my phone)

YUM!
Do you have any delicious sweet recipes that you can share?
Tomorrow night's pud is Hot Lemon Soufflés at 3 syns a piece... Can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment