14 November 2010

My Journey

I have been on the weight loss journey since July 27th 2009.
It was the day I moved to a new city and decided that a change was needed.
I longed to wear clothes from high street shops.
It had reached the point where I had convinced myself that I was a size 18. I was nearing 18 stone (in fact my first weigh in at Slimming World had been 17 stone 13 and a half pounds), and I was in denial. It had reached the point where I would just refuse to buy clothes in any size over a 20, whereas realistically I probably would have needed a 22 or a 24 to comfortably support the excess.
Here I share with you, dear reader, the trials and tribulations of the fight for a healthier Danielle.
They say you are what you eat, and 69 weeks ago I would have been rectangular, brown and melted in the sun. My addiction to all things sweet (except sugar in tea - why ruin the lovely taste of tea?) and a long ride on cupid's diet, an impressively weak will power and university lifestyle is what got me to where I stood, wanting to cry when seeing those numbers appear on the scales.
Roll forward 69 weeks, and I am almost three whole stones lighter (a great achievement in itself - although it has taken me a while to realise) and a regular exerciser.
I know when you do the calculations my total weight loss comes out at around half a pound a week, but I hate to think where I would have been if I had never assessed my life and made the decision I did.
I am almost at what I believe is my half way point.
I have been stretching the length of my journey recently, bouncing between gains and losses and not really taking a forward steps into a smaller me.
With my motivation dwindling, a fresh outlook is what is required.
I have set myself new targets (mini and very achievable) to get myself to the next stage of my weight loss journey.
Whether you have half a stone to lose, or a whole stack of stones to go, join me on my adventure - the treasure at the end will be the better me.

Stronger together, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment