16 November 2010

Personal Achievements

So I think it is important to reflect on what you have achieved if you get stuck in a bit of a rut. Write a list of all the things you are proud to have achieved, and then look to add to it!

My most proud (weight loss) moments so far:

Joining Slimming World
Actually getting myself to a Slimming World class to get off on the right track was one of the hardest things - it was as if I was admitting that I might need help to do something as simple as losing weight. But anyone that has actually lost a lot of weight will tell you it's no easy feat. Taking that first step is what got me to where I am now, and will help me as I get to where I need to be in the future.

Each Weight Loss
Each and every weight loss has been important. I have often seen people shrug their shoulders at a 'mere' half a pound. If you lost half a pound every week for a year you would be almost 2 stone lighter!

Getting Awards
My lovely awards speak for themselves really... Every award was a 'punch the air with joy' kind of feeling that spurred me on to get that next little sticker or certificate. With Slimming World a certificate is awarded for every half stone (7 pounds) lost. I have them up to the 2.5stone - very close to the 3stone! I have managed to get 7 Slimmer of the Week certificates too! The Club 10 award was for losing 10% of my original body weight. It took me a while to get there as I plateaued for ages!


Starting to Exercise
Starting to exercise properly was another achievement. I have never really been an active person, regardless of the numerous gym memberships I have had. I have to pay a big thanks to my boyfriend in this - he is a runner and has tried his best to encourage me into a healthier lifestyle. I am glad he doesn't give up on me when I stomp my feet and refuse to go out for a run or to the gym - I would never have got anywhere!
I do enjoy some elements of exercise now, I can kill it on the stepper and I am trying hard to like running. Considering the first 'run' I went for I managed 27 seconds of a constant slow jog and then nearly collapsed I am happy to say I can run now for 20 minutes and not pass out! I have set some goals, but you will hear about those in a later post...

Running the Race for Life
I ran the Race for Life in July, a 5 kilometre run in a local park to raise money and awareness for Cancer Research. I managed to complete it in under 40 minutes and was so chuffed. My boy was on the finish line beaming at my final sprint. I lost 5lbs that week!

Winning my group's Woman of the Year 
My biggest achievement was winning our group's Woman of the Year.
I have only missed one group in the 69 I have done, I have trekked through snow, shown up on Christmas Eve eve, and been the only member to show up on more than one occasion.
I do love the group that I attend, and I know most of the people by name, but to get the recognition for that was unbelievable. That was a very special night, even if I had run to class and looked a mess!

Well writing that has made me feel pretty good! What are your biggest achievements/proudest moments?

No comments:

Post a Comment